Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Three Alter Egos

There are three women who've really made an impression on me. They don't inspire me in a First Lady or Finding the Cure for Cancer type of way. I just really adore their style. Or they have a certain mystique that I dream of possessing. Or something about them intrigues me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I could acquire a combination of certain traits from the following three women, I'd do really well at parties.

1. Edie Sedgwick



The definition of hot mess and Andy Warhol's signature muse. She had an affair with Bob Dylan. "Like a Rolling Stone" is believed to be about her. Not that that's a good thing, but it's pretty cool that she inspired one of Dylan's biggest masterpieces. She was beautiful with awesome style. Factory Girl is one of my all-time favorite movies. I choose not to dwell on the fact that she became a completely drugged-out mess who ended up in a mental hospital.

2. Brigitte Bardot



The epitome of mysterious sex kitten with perfect hair at all times. She doesn't even need to say anything, she's that intriguing. I would love to look like young Bardot. Seriously, who knows how do my hair like that?


3. Holly Golightly



Yes, I know that this is Audrey Hepburn. But, who I adore is not the actress herself, but the character Holly Golightly as portrayed by her. Her attitude and personality is just so refreshing. She says the most hilarious yet truthful and blunt things. Plus she plays a mean "Moon River" on guitar. One of her mottos: "I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead"


I think I just figured out my Halloween costumes for the next three years!

No comments:

Post a Comment