Friday, August 20, 2010

My First Post

I've finally decided to begin this blog. As I near my 30th birthday, I've decided to take a step back, reflect on my journey through my twenties, and finally focus on changing my life. I'm transitioning from the carefree, fun-all-the-time person that I embodied this past decade to a person devoting herself to making the life changes needed to embark on a truly fulfilling adulthood.

To start, I recently discovered meetup.com which is full of different "meetup" groups in areas all around the world. These groups are a great way to meet new people who share your passions in life. So far, I've joined a photography group, a dog rescue group, a book club, a cooking group and a couple of Jewish groups within the community. These groups organize "meetups" where you can meet a ton of locals that share your interest and participate in various activities ranging from classes, to trips, to nights out. I'm looking forward to attending my first events and I'll let you know how those go.

While I'll be using this blog to reflect on my journey through this time in my life, I'll also be sometimes just using it to share various random thoughts I'm having or talk about trivial things like a certain new song/musician I discover, a great new article of clothing I like, or random musings about celebrities and entertainment.

I hope whoever comes across this blog enjoys and checks back for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment